Transfer International Citizens
Rice's undergraduate population is diverse, with students from 51 countries who are supported by a city comprised of more than 100 different nationalities speaking over 90 languages. International students find Rice and Houston to be welcoming communities that provide a home away from home.
Transfer applicants must submit the Transfer Common Application and the Rice Supplement to the Transfer Common Application, along with the appropriate supporting documentation. Read the full Transfer Application Instructions for more detail.
Please note that the School of Architecture does not typically admit transfer students. If you have questions about admission to the School of Architecture, contact them directly at (713) 348-4864 or email@example.com.
A complete application consists of:
- The Common Application: Transfer Application
- The Rice Common Application Writing Supplement
- The Rice International Student Financial Statement
Candidates who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents are required to submit a financial statement showing their sources of financial support. International applicants who are not requesting financial aid must show official documentation (appropriate affidavits and/or scholarship awards) of resources sufficient to cover the costs of the first year of study before their files can be reviewed for admission.
- $75 nonrefundable application fee
- Official copies of all secondary school transcripts and/or nationally sponsored or administered examinations
- All official college transcripts
- The Registrar Report
- Two Instructor Evaluation forms
- SAT or ACT Plus Writing test
- Official TOEFL or IELTS score*
*Applicants whose first language and language of instruction is not English are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS). The minimum acceptable score is 600 on the paper-based test or 100
on the Internet-based test. The minimum acceptable score on the IELTS is 7. TOEFL uses Rice's College Board code, which is 6609.